Friday, June 17, 2011

Flashback 1993......


Flashback 1993

Montreal Canadiens win their 24th Stanley Cup and the entire city celebrates! Being a huge fan, it was the ultimate opportunity to share my love & passion for the Habs with my 6 year old son at the time, Emmanuel. Father & son headed out to the parade together on Sherbrooke to applaud our conquering heroes. After experiencing the Habs euphoria, we headed back to where my bakery was, in a small shopping strip on Grenet Street in Ville St-Laurent. As I entered the parking lot I could see a number of my friends waving Canadiens flags and I honked my horn repeatedly as I approached them…GO HABS GO!!.

As I was talking to my friends while still in the car, officer Tellier from Station 14 approached me. Officer Tellier was occupying his time while on duty, to have his patrol car washed. Drivers licence and registration please. Is there a problem officer? He repeated, drivers licence and registration please, so I complied. To my astonishment, he handed me a traffic ticket for the sum of $100, for using my horn unnecessarily. OMG!!! I couldn’t believe my eyes. Everyone who was witness to this was in shock. Enraged, but keeping inside of me the urge to get out of the car and bop him one, I said to him…SEE YOU IN COURT!!

6 months later………

My time arrives for justice to be served! I pleaded my case in front of the judge. Your Honour, when there is a wedding and a precession of cars honk in celebration, do the police stop them and ticket them all? Does the law apply to everyone or just to me? Why was I singled out in a private parking lot by this particular officer? At this point in time I felt like one of the lawyers on L.A. Law, a junior Perry Mason. Mr Manios, did you honk your horn… Yes or No?  Yes I did your Honour. Then I must find you guilty!!! Under the circumstances however, I will wave the court costs. Thank you your Honour. Your Honour, may I make one final statement before I pay my fine?? Yes you may. It’s obvious to me your Honour, that you are a NORDIQUES fan!!   Lol

A True Story

No comments:

Post a Comment